} } -->

7.16.2013

Losing Weight On A Budget



I stated in my last post that I've lost
a lot of weight well somewhere between 35-40 lbs and I stand at 5'10. A lot of people have asked me how did I lose weight? and I'll tell them just constantly working out and changing my diet. To be quite honest eating healthy isn't the most cost efficient way of life when you're on a tight budget and when you're a college student like myself. Your life can become hectic from dealing with classes, midterms and finals, extracurricular activities and not to mention those weekends of having fun. I did all of these things and was still somewhat able to keep eating pretty healthy. These are a few things that started me on a healthier path.

Cook:
My first step to eating healthy on a budget is to always always always opt for cooking when you can. I honestly didn't even know how to cook when I moved into my first apartment. I called family members asking how to do stuff but most of my learning was trial and error. Cooking may can save you time in the long run if you invest in some glad ware or the knock off version at the local dollar store. 

Find alternatives
Find a healthier alternative to things you usually eat. Exchanging olive oil for vegetable oil and butter is a much better option. You can find a store brand as a cheaper alternative to the name brands. You can swap out corn tortillas and white bread for wheat and whole grain. (There are so many alternatives I can list but that's a different post.)

Exercise:
In this age of technology there is little to nothing that we can't access through the internet. I have listed links to my favorite workouts that will help the gym shy person and those that can't afford to access the gym get started. Here are a few of my favorite and most efficient workouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger